Spicy Spanish Shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon cut into a wedge
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp; cook, stirring constantly, until pink and opaque (about 4 minutes); remove from skillet.
- To the same skillet, add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft (about 1 minute).
- Add vinegar; cook just until vinegar has been absorbed (about 2 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, paprika, salt and crushed red pepper flakes; cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes are soft (about 3 minutes). Stir in wine; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Return shrimp to the skillet and heat through (about 3 minutes). Serve with lemon wedges.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, curry powder and chopped cilantro to taste). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 301 Calories; 16g Fat; 24g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 444mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!