Spicy Sausage and Kale Quiche
- 10 large eggs
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage cooked
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased quiche dish or other greased baking dish.
- Place in oven and cook for 35 minutes or until center is set. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I used chorizo instead of spicy italian sausage, and I think it turned out pretty well. I also used a baking dish instead of a quiche dish because the quiche dish I bought has a removable bottom that would have leaked out the egg mixture unless I’d lined it with a crust, which I hadn’t made. Unfortunately the baking dish left the egg in the center still undercooked at 35 minutes, so to get it to cook all the way through I had to bake it much longer which left the egg overcooked. So on a whole it was just okay, not delicious. If it could have been cooked evenly I think it would have been pretty good. (Oh, I also topped it with cheese, which I think highly contributed to the tastiness of it. Wouldn’t have been have as good without the cheese probably.)