Spicy Grilled Steak with Green Salsa
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- In a blender or food processor, add 4 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, cilantro, parsley, jalapeno, lemon juice, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and pulse 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- On a large platter, add skirt steak and season with 1 tablespoon olive oil and paprika.
- On an indoor grill over medium heat, grill steaks 5 minutes each side until browned and fork tender. Top with salsa and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Jasmin rice and baked butternut squash. VEGETARIAN: Use Portobello mushrooms instead of skirt steak. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 371 Calories; 27g Fat (66.8% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 109mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!