Spicy Chicken Thighs and Peppers
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the smoked paprika through the cumin.
- Rub 3/4 of the mixture into both sides of the chicken thighs and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken thighs for 2-4 minutes per side, or until the thighs are almost cooked through. Add in the onions and pepper and season with the remaining spice mixture.
- Continue to cook until the peppers and onions are tender, and the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the heat and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food process until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 63 Calories; 4g Fat (48.8% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 3mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!