Spicy Chicken Paillards with Lemony Fettuccine
- 1 pound Fettuccine cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 4-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves flattened to 1/4 inch thickness,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, toss together hot pasta, butter and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper; dredge chicken in mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add chicken (in batches) and cook for 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Serve over Lemony Fettuccine.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Caprese Salad: Layer basil leaves, sliced tomato and Mozzarella cheese; drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties (but do not flatten) and adjust cooking time as necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free pasta, cornmeal and flour. NUTRTION: Per Serving: 610 Calories; 12g Fat; 51g Protein; 71g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 109mg Cholesterol; 195mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 15
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!