Spicy Black Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans
- 4 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 10-oz. cans diced tomatoes with green chilis (Rotel is a good brand)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat; add onion and celery and cook until semi-soft.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for at least 45 minutes.
- Before serving, run at least half of the soup through the blender and add back the saucepan.
NUTRITION: 145 Calories; 3g Fat; 8g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 592mg Sodium. EX1changes: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 2
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!