Spiced Ginger Pork Roast
- 3 pounds pork shoulder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth or use homemade
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hot chili sauce such as siracha
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- Liberally sprinkle pork shoulder with salt and pepper then place it in a large crock cooker; add the chopped onion.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (garlic through gingerroot); pour mixture over the pork and onion.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, basting occasionally with the sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced pork topped with sauce. Add stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and snow peas on the side. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 667 Calories; 47g Fat; 46g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 181mg Cholesterol; 284mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 6 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 18
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!