Spiced Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 acorn squash seeded and cubed with rind
- 6 carrots chopped
- In a large bowl mix the first 11 ingredients together, from garlic through salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts, tossing to completely coat each breast. Set aside.
- In a 9x13 inch baking pan, place chicken covering the bottom of pan along with any spices left in bowl.
- Add squash and carrots.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour. Remove from heat and serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Cauli-Rice. NUTRITION: 359 Calories; 4g Fat (8.9% calories from fat); 57g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 196mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!