Six Ingredient Low Carb Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 3/4 cup whole cashews
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 2/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat half of the oil and quickly saute the chicken till cooked and browned. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- While chicken is browning, process 1/2 cup of the cashews in a food processor or blender until finely ground. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet. Add garlic and gingerroot; cook and stir for about 15 seconds only.
- Add ground cashews then slowly add chicken broth; blend well then simmer for a minute to reduce slightly.
- Return chicken to the skillet and heat through; salt and pepper to taste. Serve with sauce and garnish with remaining 1/4 cup cashews, coarsely chopped.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve on a generous bed of sauteed zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper, all cut into strips. Use a little olive oil to saute and simply salt and pepper the veggies to taste. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add brown rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 328 Calories; 22g Total Fat;26g Protein; 1g Dietary Fiber; 7g Carbohydrate; 67mg Cholesterol; 183mg Sodium Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Point: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!