Sesame Ginger Salmon Steaks
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 orange juiced and zested
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 6-ounce, salmon steaks or other firm-fleshed fish
- 4 cups arugula or chopped spinach
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate fish for 20 minutes (see recipe).
- Prepare marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk together first 8 ingredients (olive oil through salt and pepper).
- Place fish in a large baking dish. Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade then pour remainder over fish. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat an indoor grill over medium heat. Remove salmon from marinade; grill for 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- In a large bowl, toss greens with reserved marinade then arrange on dinner plates; top with fish.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and soy sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 369 Calories; 19g Fat (47.9% calories from fat); 46g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;118mg Cholesterol; 189mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!