Seasoned Cube Steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 1.5 pounds cube steaks
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add cube steaks and pan-fry in the hot oil for several minutes or until thoroughly browned.
- Turn the cube steaks and sautee for 1 to 2 minutes more until browned. Remove meat to a platter.
- In the same skillet, melt ghee with the oregano. Drizzle over steaks.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Garlicky Stir-Fried Baby Spinach (Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add 1 clove pressed garlic and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add 1 (10-oz) package baby spinach; cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.) NUTRITION: 484 Calories; 42g Fat; 24g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 126mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 6 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!