Scallops with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup squeezed fresh citrus juice such as blood or navel oranges
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil for dressing
- 1 small head Boston lettuce torn
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 medium sea scallops patted dry
- Prepare dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together juice, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle/whisk in the extra virgin olive oil; blend well then set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce and arugula; arrange evenly on dinner plates.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper on both sides then carefully add them to the pan; sear for 2 minutes per side or until cooked through (but don’t overcook or they’ll be rubbery!). Serve over greens and drizzle with dressing.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Add sliced English cucumber on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole wheat dinner rolls with butter. KOSHER: Instead of scallops, use boneless skinless chicken meat cut into 1-inch cubes and adjust cooking time accordingly. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 181 Calories; 17g Fat; 4g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 7mg Cholesterol; 93mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!