Sausage and Brussels
- 1 16-oz package polish sausage chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts chopped
- In a large skillet over MEDIUM heat, sauté polish sausage with the next 6 ingredients, from garlic through salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add Brussel sprouts, stir and cook for 10 additional minutes. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 432 Calories; 33g Fat (68.1% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 79mg Cholesterol; 1022mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!