Roasted Salmon with Spinach Yogurt Sauce
- 6 6-ounce salmon steaks (or any firm flesh white fish fresh or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or use low sodium chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, salmon and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and roast for 10 to 15 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat and sauté spinach and 2 minutes, and add wine and sauté 3 to 5 minutes until liquid evaporates.
- In a blender or food processor, add yogurt, horseradish, dill, and spinach and blend 2 to 3 minutes until smooth.
- Serve fish with yogurt sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and steamed broccoli. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of salmon steaks and vegetable broth if not using white wine. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine or broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 216 Calories; 12g Fat (52.1% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 62mg Cholesterol; 110mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!