Quick Asian Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk well shaken
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lemongrass
- 1 large lime zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup roughly chopped white button mushrooms
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- In a large blender, place first 9 ingredients (coconut milk through gingerroot); process until smooth then set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Add chicken cubes; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned on the outsides.
- Add mushrooms and broccoli; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Add reserved sauce then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and broccoli is tender-crisp.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over lightly sautéed chopped baby bok choy. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 338 Calories; 21g Fat; 30g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 111mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!