- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups pumpkin chunks or butternut squash, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 large onions chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add pumpkin (or butternut squash) and onions and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes until golden. Add cumin, coriander, red pepper flakes, broth, milk and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium 15 to 20 minutes until the pumpkin is cooked through. Using an immersion blender or a blender, puree soup in batches.
- Top soup with yogurt and cilantro.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Crusty Loaf of Bread - Serve with butter. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Greek yogurt is gluten free. NUTRITION: 229 Calories; 14g Fat (54.6% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 378mg Sodium.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!