- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry or apple juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Slice pork into 8 crosswise pieces. Press each pork tenderloin slice to 1-inch thickness.
- In large heavy skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork quickly, cooking for 1 minute on each side. Remove from heat. Place cooked pork slices on serving plate and reserve drippings. Keep warm.
- Into the same skillet, add the next 6 ingredients (mushrooms through black pepper). Cook over low heat about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add sherry; stir to blend.
- Return pork slices to skillet; spoon mushroom mixture over slices. Cover and simmer 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not Iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad. NUTRITION: 181 Calories; 7g Fat; 24g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 157mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!