Pork Chops with Mustard Crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus extra to coat baking sheet
- 6 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a large baking sheet. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat till shimmering. Season pork chops with salt and pepper then add to the skillet and brown on both sides (about 8 minutes total). Transfer browned chops to prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, garlic, mustard, Parmesan and chives. Press 2 tablespoons of this mixture into the top of each pork chop; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until chops are cooked through. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant cutlets in place of the pork chops. KOSHER: Substitute boneless skinless chicken breast halves for the pork; omit the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free bread crumbs or make your own with gluten free bread. Make sure mustard is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 289 Calories; 12g Fat; 34g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 80mg Cholesterol; 312mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!