Pork and Apple Bake
- 4 6-oz. pork chops excess fat removed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium red onions thickly sliced
- 2 large apples quartered and cored, but not peeled*
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper then place them in a large roasting pan. Add onions, apples and rosemary then drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes then turn the pork chops and toss the onions and apples. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and toss pork chops, onions and apples with the crumbled blue cheese until well combined.
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: Avoid “mealy” and/or “tart” apples - use Gala, Fiji, Red Rome, Honey Crisp or McIntosh.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Instead of pork chops, use boneless skinless chicken thighs. Omit the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 422 Calories; 25g Fat; 30g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 94mg Cholesterol; 268mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!