Poached Egg Caprese
- 8 large eggs
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes sliced thick (at least 4 from each)
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Crack 8 eggs into a medium bowl, gently and be sure not to break any yolks, and set aside.
- In a large pot, add water and vinegar. Bring to a gentle boil on medium high heat. Slowly pour eggs into water.
- Remove from heat after about 1 to 2 minutes (depending on how you like your yolk), and use a slotted spoon to retrieve poached eggs from water. (If you’re new to poaching, there’s tons of videos online that help if you can’t seem to make it work).
- Now lets layer all remaining ingredients. First, steak tomato slice, a couple basil leaves, poached egg, sprinkle of balsamic, and salt and pepper. And that’s it!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!