Pineapple Shrimp Stir Fry
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 ;arge green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add garlic, onion, salt, pepper and shrimp; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and curled into a "c" shape. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat until hot.
- Add remaining ingredients (pineapple through cilantro).
- Season with salt and pepper then cook and stir for 10 minutes or until pineapple and bell pepper are tender. Stir in reserved shrimp mixture and heat through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed asparagus on the side. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 284 Calories; 16g Fat; 25g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 206mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!