Pesto Soaked London Broil
- 2 pound London broil
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate London broil overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place London broil in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a food processor, combine remaining ingredients (basil through olive oil); blend until smooth then pour mixture over beef.
- Seal bag and turn several times to completely coat beef. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove London broil from marinade (reserving marinade in a bowl); grill for 14 to 20 minutes (the general rule is 7 minutes per pound for a nice medium-rare).
- Rotate beef every 4 to 5 minutes and brush with marinade. Allow London broil to sit for 10 minutes then thinly slice against the grain (diagonally) and serve!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby broccoli and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or grass-fed butter, salt and pepper to taste until you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION Per Serving: 818 Calories; 70g Fat; 44g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 159mg Cholesterol; 847mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 10 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!