Pesto Chicken with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 large sweet potatoes cubed and steamed
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced oregano
- 1 clove garlic minced
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cube and steam sweet potatoes.
- In a blender, blend the first 4 ingredients (lemon juice through salt and pepper) until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, until brown. To the chicken, add the pesto and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- In a mixer, blend the remaining ingredients (sweet potatoes through garlic) until smooth. Serve chicken with mashed potatoes.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. NUTRITION: 362 Calories; 14g Fat (34.1% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 125mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!