Penne with Roasted Tomatoes and Goat Cheese Pesto
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup ground almonds or pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1 pound penne pasta cooked according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet, toss together 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the cherry tomatoes; sprinkle with salt and pepper then bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until soft and lightly browned.
- In a blender or food processor, add remaining 5 tablespoons of olive oil, the basil, almonds (or pine nuts), garlic, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, goat cheese, salt and pepper; pulse for 1 to 2 minutes or until well combined.
- Toss hot pasta with roasted tomatoes and pesto.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad and some garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten-free pasta. NUTRITION: 493 Calories; 21g Fat (38.3% calories from fat); 15g Protein; 62g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 10mg Cholesterol; 45mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!