Paleo Pork with Pears
- 3 tablespoons ghee divided
- 1 large pear peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 4 pork chops
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute pear slices and honey in half the ghee for about 5 minutes or so or until tender.
- Gently remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining ghee and add pork chops. Brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add chicken broth and balsamic vinegar to the skillet, whisking up all the browned up bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Return chops to the skillet and continue to cook till cooked through.
- Return pears to skillet to warm through; then serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised cabbage (in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, sauté chopped cabbage in a little grass fed butter then add a little water, cover and simmer until tender-crisp). Add steamed rutabagas mashed with a little grass fed butter, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg to taste). NUTRITION: PER SERVING: 348 Calories; 23g Fat; 26g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 97mg Cholesterol; 276mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!