Orange Sesame Beef Salad
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 large green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook
- for 5 minutes or until browned. Add next 4 ingredients (chili powder through beef broth) then reduce
- skillet heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from
- heat, bring to room temperature then transfer to a large bowl. Add lettuce, bell pepper and cherry
- tomato halves; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (orange juice through sesame seeds); pour
- mixture over salad; toss well and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks, English cucumber spears and whole black olives. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 428 Calories; 32g Fat; 25g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 119mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!