- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup white wine or use low sodium vegetable broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese or use American blue cheese
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 pound whole wheat Penne pasta cooked
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, wine, salt and pepper; cook until mushrooms have reduced in size and most of the liquid has evaporated (5 to 7 minutes).
- Stir in cheese and half-and-half. Add the cooked pasta and toss to combine. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or broth) are gluten free and use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 365 Calories; 9g Fat; 15g Protein; 60g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 19mg Cholesterol; 200mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!