Moroccan Chicken with Chickpea Puree
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 tablespoons harissa
- 4 cloves garlic minced, divided
- 2 lemons juiced, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed, 15-ounce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken for 20 minutes (see recipe).
- In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the harissa, 3 cloves of minced garlic, and juice of 1 lemon, the mint, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and turn to coat with marinade; cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, add chickpeas, remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, juice of remaining lemon, cayenne pepper, cumin and cilantro; pulse for 1 minute or until well until combined.
- On an indoor grill pan over medium-high heat, grill chicken for 8 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- Serve chicken with chickpea puree.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and a big spinach salad. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time accordingly. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned chickpeas are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 480 Calories; 17g Fat (33.2% calories from fat); 71g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 176mg Cholesterol; 200mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 9 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!