Mint and Basil Pesto Pork Chops
- 4 large pork chops
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups chopped kale
- Preheat outdoor grill to HIGH.
- Rub pork chops with seasonings (salt and pepper through cayenne pepper) along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place pork chops on a preheated grill. Reduce heat to MEDIUM-HIGH, close grill lid and cook chops for 5 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Meanwhile, to a blender, add next 6 ingredients (mint through water) along with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste then blend until smooth.
- Serve pork chops over a bed of chopped kale and drizzle pesto sauce over the top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced vine-ripened tomatoes and English cucumber on the side. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 428 Calories; 32g Fat; 25g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 119mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!