“Mile High” Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 medium avocado peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon diced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small onion sliced
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (turkey through oregano). Form turkey mixture into patties.
- Place burgers on the grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until burgers are no longer pink in the center.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the coconut aminos and the mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until tender.
- In a medium bowl, mix the next 4 ingredients (avocado through lime juice) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Layer mushroom, burger, guacamole, spinach and onion and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Shredded Brussels sprouts. (Cut large Brussels sprouts i half lengthwise then place on a clean surface, cut sides down, and thinly slice; stir-fry in olive oil and ghee over medium heat until almost tender. Add a little chicken broth, cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tender; toss with salt and pepper to taste.) NUTRITION: 328 Calories; 21g Fat (55.9% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 130mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!