Meatball and Veggie Stir-Fry with Coconut Gravy
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 large stalk celery chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (beef through thyme). Form meat mixture into meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 2 minutes, until brown. To the meatballs, add the mushrooms, celery and cauliflower.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (coconut cream through green onion). Pour sauce over meatballs and simmer for 10 minutes, until meatballs are no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 481 Calories; 38g Fat (71.6% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 120mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!