- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine meatloaf ingredients (ground beef through salt and pepper); mix thoroughly with very clean hands; gently press into a 9-inch square baking pan or dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear; carefully pour off drippings (aka grease-LOL) and blot excess with paper towels.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the meatloaf and broil 3 to 4 inches from heat source for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned, then sprinkle with green onion.
- Allow loaf to rest for 5 to 10 minutes, then cut into 4 big servings.
NUTRITION: Per Serving: 337 Calories; 19g Fat; 31g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 133mg Cholesterol; 315mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 8 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux Tay-toes. KOSHER: Skip the cheese OR use soy Mozzarella instead. GLUTEN FREE: Be sure your oatmeal is gluten free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!