Low Carb Chicken Marsala
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley chopped
- If desired, pound chicken between two pieces of wax paper or plastic wrap (I like to use a rolling pin to do this); season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook until done, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add onions and mushrooms; cook until soft.
- Add wine to pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth. You may add more broth if it is too thick for your taste.
- Pour sauce over chicken, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini and yellow squash; add a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed red skinned potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 252 Calories; 12g Fat; 27g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 173mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!