Lisbon Portuguese Chicken
- 1 whole chicken cut up
- 1 red chili such as Fresno, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 medium red onions quartered
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels then place it in a large roasting pan. Sprinkle liberally on all sides with next 5 ingredients (chili through thyme); set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper until sugar has dissolved. Arrange red onions and sweet potatoes around the chicken.
- Brush chicken and veggies with brown sugar mixture; roast for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Serve with a drizzle of pan juices.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve braised kale on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some garlic bread sticks. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 748 Calories; 46g Fat; 51g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 235mg Cholesterol; 198mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 20
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!