Lemon Chicken Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 2 medium stalks celery finely chopped
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 4 lemons juiced
- 4 14.5-oz. cans low sodium chicken broth
- In a Dutch oven or soup pot with a tight-fitting lid, melt the butter over medium heat and sauté onions, carrots, celery and chicken for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
NUTRITION: per serving: 160 Calories; 6g Fat; 20g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 32mg Cholesterol; 668mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!