Jalapeno Pork Stuffed Zucchinis
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 large jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large zucchini halved (lengthwise) and hollowed out
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat ghee over medium high. Add next 4 ingredients (sausage through garlic). Saute for 7 to 10 minutes or until sausage is cooked through, then turn heat down to low and add tomatoes (don’t drain).
- Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Then stuff zucchini shells, and place on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!