Italian Wedding Soup
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg white lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups escarole thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- In a medium bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (turkey through garlic powder); shape into 3/4-inch balls.
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth to a boil; stir in escarole, onion, carrot and meatballs.
- Return to a boil then reduce heat to medium and cook at a slow boil for 15 minutes. Soup is done when meatballs float to the top and escarole has wilted.
GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free bread crumbs (or make your own using gluten free bread) and make sure chicken broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 136 Calories; 1g Fat; 25g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 20mg Cholesterol; 773mg Sodium. EX1changes: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!