Italian Shredded Beef Stew
- 1 2-pound beef roast
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 medium carrots chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- In a crock cooker, place the roast.
- Season the roast with the salt and pepper and rub down with the oil. Add in the remaining ingredients and cover.
- Cook the mixture on LOW for 6-8 hours, or until the beef is cooked through and shreds easily. Serve hot.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Tossed green salad (lettuce-not iceberg-, salad veggies and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, vinegar, and diced tomatoes are gluten free. NUTRITION: 454 Calories; 30g Fat (60.1% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 139mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!