Honey Spiked Chipotle Pork
- 2 pound pork loin
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 14.5-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 chipotle chili peppers
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 large leaves romaine lettuce
- Place first 5 ingredients (pork loin through red bell pepper) in a slow cooker.
- In a food processor, blend together remaining ingredients (tomatoes through crushed red pepper flakes); pour mixture over pork and veggies in the slow cooker, making sure they’re entirely saturated.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Shred pork with two forks and blend with slow cooker juices.
- Fill large Romaine lettuce leaves with shredded pork, veggies and some slow cooker juices.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks, English cucumber spears and whole black olives. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 384 Calories; 11g Fat; 35g Protein; 41g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 71mg Cholesterol; 805mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!