Herbed Turkey Patties
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard depending on your taste
- 1-2 tablespoons horseradish depending on your taste
- Preheat oven broiler.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients; blend well then shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Broil patties 4 to 6 inches from heat source for about 4 minutes per side - but watch them to be sure they’re not burning!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of coleslaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a splash of rice vinegar). Add Turnip Fries (peel and cut turnips into “fries”; toss with a little olive oil and salt and pepper and bake on a cookie sheet in a 425-degree oven, turning once, until golden). SERVING SUGGESTION: Feel free to serve on whole wheat burger buns with all the usual condiments. KOSHER: Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, mustard and horseradish are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 189 Calories; 10g Total Fat; 21g Protein; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Carbohydrate; 90mg Cholesterol; 238mg Sodium Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!