Herbed Skillet Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add chicken; cook for 10 minutes or until slightly browned, turning once.
- In a small bowl or cup, blend together seasonings (thyme through black pepper); sprinkle mixture over chicken then remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the skillet and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan; bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to the skillet, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the skillet.
- Combine cornstarch with remaining water; add to pan juices and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened and translucent.
- Serve chicken topped with sauce and garnished with chopped parsley.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 202 Calories; 13g Fat; 19g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 40mg Cholesterol; 632mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!