Herb Slow Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 pound whole chicken
- Place sweet potatoes, garlic and onions in a large slow cooker; pour broth over the top.
- In a small bowl, combine next 5 ingredients (salt and pepper through oregano); rub mixture over the surface of the chicken and place it in the crock cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours, or until chicken is falling off the bone and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and remove bones.
- Serve chicken meat with sweet potatoes.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed broccoli spears on the side. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 809 Calories; 52g Fat; 61g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 298mg Cholesterol; 369mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 8 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!