Herb Roasted Asparagus with Sweet Sausage
- 2 large bunches asparagus spears ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced oregano
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the first 5 ingredients (asparagus through oregano). On a large baking sheet, pour the contents of the bowl and spread evenly. Bake for 10 minutes then turn over asparagus and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until asparagus is brown on the edges and tender.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add sausage, maple syrup and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Cook for 10 minutes, until cooked through. Toss in asparagus and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 457 Calories; 43g Fat (86.0% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 663mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 7 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!