Grilled Skirt Steaks with Herbs and Lemon
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup basil leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- In a food processor or blender, add first 8 ingredients (parsley through salt and pepper); pulse for 1 minute or until well combined.
- Place skirt steaks on a large platter; rub with herb mixture on both sides.
- On an indoor grill pan over medium heat, grill steaks for 5 minutes per side or until browned and fork-tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Instead of beef, use thickly sliced portabella mushrooms. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 314 Calories; 20g Fat (59.7% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mgCholesterol; 107mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!