Grilled Salmon with Sautéed Fennel and Shallots
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 1 large fennel bulb chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 medium salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium lemon sliced
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet add the next 4 ingredients (shallots through cilantro). Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Rub salmon filets with olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- On large individual sheets of aluminum foil, place each salmon and top with lemon slices. Cover salmon with a second sheet of foil and fold edges shut.
- Place salmon packets on grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with vegetables.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch or dried basil and dried oregano; drizzle over salad.) NUTRITION: 271 Calories; 12g Fat (38.7% calories from fat); 35g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 146mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!