Green Spaghetti Florentine
- 1 1/2 pounds Linguine pasta uncooked
- 1 10-oz. package frozen spinach thawed
- 13 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain spinach well, squeezing out excess liquid.
- Combine spinach and remaining ingredients in the container of a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan; heat through.
- When pasta is done, drain well and toss the sauce together with the pasta. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sprinkle the top of the pasta with grated Parmesan cheese and serve with a green salad and a bowl of baby carrots. Add some whole grain rolls if you like. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Substitute gluten free pasta for the regular linguini. Make sure that the cream cheese, vinegar, broth, herbs and garlic powder are all gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 522 Calories; 5g Fat; 26g Protein; 92g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 12mg Cholesterol; 418mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!