Greek Turkey Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 egg beaten
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 10 large leaves Romaine lettuce halved crosswise
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado pitted, peeled and mashed
- Preheat outdoor grill to HIGH.
- In a large bowl, place first 8 ingredients (ground turkey through green onions); using your very clean hands, blend thoroughly then form mixture into 4 to 6 round patties.
- Place turkey burgers on preheated grill then reduce grill heat to MEDIUM-HIGH. Grill patties for 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the centers.
- To serve, layer a turkey burger, tomato slice and a portion of mashed avocado in each lettuce leaf.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of Zesty Coleslaw (toss shredded cabbage and carrots, thinly sliced red onion, radishes and zucchini with a whisked-up dressing of extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, raw honey, salt, pepper and dry mustard to taste). NUTRITION: Per Serving:707 Calories; 29g Fat; 68g Protein; 62g Carbohydrate; 41g Dietary Fiber; 187mg Cholesterol; 375mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 10 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!