Garlic Vegetable Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1/4 medium head cabbage chopped
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Stovetop Instructions: Heat the oil in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; sauté onion, carrots, celery and cabbage for about 5 minutes, stirring well. Raise heat to high and add broth, tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 1 hour. Remove from heat and add garlic and freshly ground black pepper.
- Slow Cooker Instructions: Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 7 to 9 hours (depending on the manufacturer, model and age of your slow cooker), or on high setting for 4 to 6 hours.
NUTRITION: per serving: 110 Calories; 6g Fat; 6g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 793mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 2
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!