Garlic Fried Chicken Livers
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound chicken livers (or skinless boneless chicken thighs)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- lemons sliced, for serving
- parsley for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients (coconut flour through pepper).
- Add chicken livers and toss to evenly coat.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken livers and cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Place on a paper-towel lined platter. To the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of oil and repeat with the second half of chicken livers. Serve with sliced lemons and a sprinkle of parsley.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed Broccoli (Steam broccoli slightly tender.) NUTRITION: 239 Calories; 15g Fat; 21g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 498mg Cholesterol; 92mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!