Duck Breast and Kale Stir-Fry with Balsamic Reduction
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless duck breast chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the onion and salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until tender and caramelized.
- To the skillet, add the duck, kale and mushrooms and stir. Cook for 10 minutes, until duck is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Transfer duck mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- To the skillet, add the remaining ingredients (balsamic vinegar through rosemary) and turn heat up to high. Bring balsamic mixture to a boil then reduce to low and whisk periodically for 10 minutes, until balsamic mixture has reduced to half.
- To the reduction sauce, add the contents of the bowl and stir. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 254 Calories; 11g Fat (36.8% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 87mg Cholesterol; 102mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!